Lamu County is perhaps the county with most festivals in Kenya. This comes as a no surprise being historical town and a symbol of world heritage site. These events include;
- Lamu Cultural Festival – A celebration of both the past and the future, and the beliefs and traditions that are the heart and soul of the Lamu community.
- Maulid Festival – Also known as Milad-un-Nabi an Islamic festival held during the third month of the Muslim calendar to celebrate the birth of the prophet Mohammed.
- Lamu yoga Festival – A festival organized by Monika Fauth-Banana to empower, strengthen and give community support by encouraging harmony in mind and body through the practice of yoga.
- Lamu Fishing Competition – A competition used by the department of fisheries, livestock and cooperative development to attract and promote investment in the fishery sector in Lamu County.
- The Food Festival – A unique celebration of Swahili cuisine and culture
- Lamu Art Festival – A festival hosting local and international artists and musicians exhibiting and performing in the streets, beaches museums and galleries of Lamu and Manda
- Lamu triathlon – A festival for the lovers of sports including swimming 800 meters, biking 12km and running up-to 7km!